Friday, September 3, 2010

Return of Frankentiki (part deuce)

My first Frankentiki mug... (actually, as a side note here, why do they never have mug handles? They're called Tiki mugs but they're more like Tiki tumblers really. There is never a "mug" handle. Why? I ask the Tiki Gods...why?)

Anyway, my first Frankentiki was more applique.  And my husband said "why didn't you carve the design into the mug?" Although it was a good point I think I didn't speak to him for a few days. I noticed he started wearing a shirt that said something like "the opinion's expressed here are not necessarily those of my wife." I'd never seen that shirt before...coincidence?!

So this is the carved green ware state of the "mug" before it's fired. I plan to glaze it green like the first one I posted.




No comments:

Post a Comment